7 things you should know about webe (unifi mobile). The purpose of this post is to help you to understand and hopefully enlighten your understanding about webe plan before making any decision to port in to this package.
Update: I’ve been using this plan for quite sometimes and so far I’m happy with the unlimited data and coverage. Speed? I’d say there’s room for improvement.
1. webe (unifi mobile) plan
The first thing you should know is what are included and excluded in your webe (unifi mobile) plan. Basically, as the plan suggested, you will get never-ending for everything; detail for never-ending please refer to the fair usage policy #5:
- Never-ending domestic Mobile Data
- Never-ending domestic Calls
- Never-ending sending of domestic SMS
2. Wifi hotspot or USB tethering
Since you will have never-ending domestic Mobile Data, if you are going to tether (use your phone as a hotspot) with your laptop or other devices, you are required to purchase the Personal Wi-Fi Pass at RM6.00 for two (2) hours (excluding GST) which will be activated immediately upon purchase. You can share your Wi-Fi with a maximum of five (5) devices.
Update: You will get monthly free 10GB quota for Wifi hotspot.
3. Voice features
Take note for the voice features in this mobile plan. It includes all the basic requirement such as Call Hold, Call Waiting, and Missed Call Notification. Features that are not supported include Video Call, Voicemail, Call Forwarding, Multi-party call, and Enabling Private Number Display on your outgoing calls.
4. Calls and SMSes
Type of calls and SMSes included and excluded (additional charged) from the webe mobile plan are per the following:
Calls and SMSes included in the webe mobile plan:
- All domestic calls & SMS to webe and other mobile operators
- All domestic calls to national fixed line numbers
Additional charges are applicable to these calls and SMSes:
- Calls to 1300 / 1700 / 1600 / 1MOCC numbers
- Calls to 02-Prefix numbers for border calls to Singapore
- 080-Prefix number for border calls to Brunei
- Calls to Special Number
- International Calls (IDD) and SMS from Malaysia
- Voice calls & SMS roaming outside Malaysia
5. Fair Usage Policy
- Can I use my service to download peer-to-peer content (e.g. torrent files)?
Yes. You can use webe services for peer-to-peer downloads at 64kbps speed.
- Am I allowed to use the unlimited voice minutes to make calls for commercial purpose? (E.g. by contact centers)?
No. You are only allowed to make calls for personal purposes within the set fair usage policy.
- Can I perform bulk SMS or SMS blasting using webe?
No. You are only allowed to send text messages for personal purposes within the set fair usage policy.
6. LTE band
webe LTE network is leveraging on 850 MHz spectrum. They are currently focusing on expanding their coverage in Klang Valley and Johor Bahru. Other places will still be able to enjoy the 3G coverage. As for mobile service, they have nationwide coverage. You can check the LTE coverage here.
7. Certified phone
To enjoy and experience the best quality service, you are encouraged to use a webe certified phone. You can check the list of webe certified phones here or you can check your smartphone specification whether it supports Band 5 (850 MHz). But if your current phone is not a certified phone model, don’t worry, webe mobile services still can be used (not sure the difference until I get my hand on it).
In my opinion, this is one of the best mobile plans you can get. The no string attached for the unlimited data, calls, and SMSes plan with only
RM79 RM99/month, I bet no other telco can beat this offer as of now.