Learn how to capture a custom-sized screenshot of any web page in Google Chrome without using any extensions. You can customize the screenshot width and length according to your preference.
Basically, you will be using Google Chrome “Developer tools” to capture the screenshot. It has a built-in device list called “Emulated devices” which you can select and capture the screenshot according to the device screen size.
Additionally, you can add your preferred new custom-sized device to capture a screenshot of any web pages. All steps will be done in the Google Chrome Developer tools window.
How to capture custom-sized screenshot in Google Chrome
Here’s the step-by-step instruction to capture a custom-sized screenshot in Google Chrome.
- Launch Google Chrome browser.
- Open any website you would like to take a screenshot.
- Select Menu (the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner).
- Select More tools.
- Select Developer tools (alternatively press F12).
- Select Toggle device toolbar.
- Set the zoom to 100% or as you preferred.
- To change the orientation, select Rotate icon.
- Select Responsive or mobile device name and select Edit.
- Under Emulated Devices, select Add custom size.
- Give it a name, enter the width and height value and click Add.
- Click x to close the settings box.
- Click Responsive and select the new device name.
- Click the 3 vertical dots at the top right in the same frame.
- Select Capture screenshot.
- Google Chrome will save the screenshot and save it in the default download folder.
Done! Now you can view any web pages and follow the same steps as above to capture a screenshot.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comment below.