Here’s how to make your laptop a Wifi hotspot. I’ll be showing you how to set up and use your laptop as a Wifi hotspot or Wifi extender without using any third-party software. With these settings, you can easily turn on and off sharing your internet connection with other devices.
As you can see in the image above, Windows 10 has a built-in option for you to share your internet connection with other devices. This option can be found under Mobile hotspot settings. The following is the step-by-step instruction to set up your laptop as a Wife hotspot.
How to set up a laptop as a Wifi hotspot
- Open Settings or press Windows key + i.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Select Mobile hotspot from the menu on the left.
- Under Share my internet connection from, select the source of internet.
- Select between Ethernet connection or Wifi (depending on which is available)
- Under Share my internet connection over, select your preferred connection.
- Select between Wifi or Bluetooth.
- Select Edit button at the bottom if you want to change the network properties.
- You can change the Wifi network name and password.
- Finally, turn on this option under Share my internet connection with other devices at the top.
Once done, get your other devices and search for the network name broadcasted by your laptop. Connect to the network by using the password you set in step 6 above.
That’s it. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.