Learn how to turn your Windows 10 computer into a mobile hotspot which allows you to share your internet connection with other wireless devices. This tutorial will walk you through the step-by-step setting for Windows 10.
If you are running Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update, you are lucky because in this version Windows has simplified the steps for turning any PC with Wi-Fi into a hotspot.
When you are using your Windows 10 computer as a Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot, you will be able to connect up to 8 maximum devices to the hotspot. The number of connected devices is displayed under the network name and password option.
Turn Windows 10 into a mobile hotspot
- Click on Windows and select Settings. Alternatively, you can press Windows + I on your keyboard.
- On the main Settings page, select Network & Internet.
- On the Network & Internet page, on the left-hand side, click Mobile hotspot.
- Under Shared my internet connection with other devices option, slide the toggle to make sure it is On.
- If you want to change the network name and password, click Edit.
- Under the Edit windows, enter the network name and network password you want to use and click Save.
You can connect any device to your hotspot using the network name and password you chose in step 5.
That’s it. If you need any help, just let me know in the comment below.