Learn how to connect to a hidden Wifi network in Windows 10. If you are using “Do not broadcast” or “Hide” your Wifi in your router setting, you’ll not be able to find the Wifi network using Auto mode on your computer.
Hiding the Wifi network name is one of many ways to secure your wireless network. This method can be very effective to avoid stranger from finding your Wifi network. This hidden wireless network will not visible in the list of the available wireless network.
Read more on how to hide Wifi network name:
The wireless network will be invisible to everyone including you. So, the question is, how do you connect to an invisible network? The answer is, you have to know the Wifi or wireless network name and the password. Once you have this two information, continue with the following steps.
Connect to a hidden Wifi network in Windows 10
It’s important to do the following steps to enable your computer to connect to a hidden Wifi network.
- Right-click on Wireless icon in the toolbar.
- Select Open Network & Internet Settings.
- Select Wifi menu on the left.
- Select Manage Known Networks.
- Select Add a new network located at the top left.
- Enter your Wifi network name in the Network name box.
- Select WPA2-Personal AES in Security option.
- Click to check Connect automatically.
- Important! Click to check Connect even this network is not broadcasting.
- Click Save.
Done. Now your computer will connect to the Wifi network automatically and even you hide the network name.
If all of the information you entered is correct, Windows will be able to find the hidden Wifi network and connect to it. And every time the computer reboot, it will be connected automatically.
If you have any issue, stuck in any step provided above, let me know in the comment below.