Learn how to hide your Streamyx Wifi network name (SSID) to prevent it from being seen by strangers. Your Wifi network won’t be seen by anybody when they scan for available Wifi network.
This method is very useful, once the Wifi network name is hidden, you or anyone will not be able to find it if you are using automatic Wifi scan on your device.
The important thing is you should remember the network name. Because, every time you want to connect a new device to the network, you’ll need to enter the network name manually.
Don’t worry, steps to connect to a hidden Wifi network is provided below.
(If you are using Unifi, here’s how to hide Unifi Wifi network name.)
Note: I’m using the default modem provided by TM which is TM Streamyx wireless G ADSL 2+ modem model Innacomm W3400V6.
Hide Streamyx Wifi network name
Just follow the step by step instruction below:
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to http://192.168.1.1.
- Enter your login detail:
- Username/ID: tmadmin
- Password: Adm@XXXX (XXXX is the last 4 digit of your modem MAC address)
- Click Login.
- Select Wireless.
- Select Basic.
- Find Hide Access Point and tick the box beside it.
- Click Apply/Save to save the changes.
Done. You’ve successfully hidden your Streamyx Wifi network name.
Note: Every time you connect a new device to the hidden Wifi, please enter the network name manually.
And here’ how to connect to a hidden Wifi network.
Connect to a hidden Wifi network in Windows 10
It’s important to do the following steps to enable your computer to connect to a hidden Wifi network.
- Right-click on Wireless icon in the toolbar.
- Select Open Network & Internet Settings.
- Select Wifi menu on the left.
- Select Manage Known Networks.
- Select Add a new network located at the top left.
- Enter your Wifi network name in the Network name box.
- Select WPA2-Personal AES in Security option.
- Click to check Connect automatically.
- Important! Click to check Connect even this network is not broadcasting.
- Click Save.
Done. Now your computer will connect to the hidden Wifi network automatically.
If you have any issue after doing this, let me know in the comment below.