Here’s how to view currently connected Wifi password in Windows 10. The following methods show how you can view the Wifi password if your computer is already connected to the network.
Basically, if your computer is already connected to the password-protected wireless network, the detail such as the SSID/network name and password are stored in wireless properties. Hence, if you forgot the Wifi password, you can view them as long as your computer is connected to the network.
For security purpose, the characters for the password are hidden and the big dots are shown instead. However, Windows actually provide an option for you to show the character.
View currently connected Wifi password in Windows 10
Following methods can be used to find and view currently connected Wifi password in Windows 10.
View Wifi password in Network Properties
- Right-click wireless icon and select Open Network & Internet settings.
- Select Status.
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Under View your active networks, click the Wifi name located to the right of Connections:.
- In Wifi Status windows, select Wireless Properties.
- Select Security tab.
- Under Network security key box, check Show characters option to display the Wifi password.
Alternatively, use command prompt
- Press Windows key, type
cmdand press Enter.
- Once the command prompt is opened, enter the following command and hit enter. Change the SSID to your Wifi network name.
netsh wlan show profile name=SSID key=clear
Command prompt will display all user profile info. The one you are looking for will as follows:
- Connectivity settings > SSID name is your Wifi name
- Security settings > Key Content is the Wifi password
Done. Yes, both method can be effectively displayed current connected Wifi password.
Now that you have the Wifi password, write it down and keep it somewhere safe.
What do you think of these methods? If you have anything to share, do let me know in the comment below.