After changing your Wifi network name and Wifi password, another step to level up your home Wifi security is by hiding your Wifi network name. When you hide the Wifi network name, no one can find it unless they know exactly the network name. So, this will reduce the risk of people trying to connect or hack your home Wifi network.
Basically, only people who know the exact Wifi network name can find your Wifi and connect to it. It means you have to manually enter the network name on any new devices that wanted connect to your Wifi network. Sounds better right?
Without further ado, here’s how to hide your Wifi network name on Huawei B315 series 4G modem. This method should work on any Huawei 4G LTE modem router B315 and B310 series like B310-22, B315-22, B315-608, B315-968, B315s-936 to name a few.
Note: The tutorial below was done on Huawei B315s-936 4G modem.
Steps to hide your Wifi network name (SSID)
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to http://192.168.8.1
- If it is in the Chinese language, you might want to change to your preferred language:
- Click down arrow button located at the top right corner of the screen
- Select your language.
- Click Log In at the top right corner.
- Enter the login detail, default as follows:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin or admin123
- Select Settings from the top menu.
- Select WLAN from the menu on the left.
- Select WLAN Basic Settings sub-menu.
- Set SSID broadcast:
- Enable: to enable or show the Wifi network name.
- Disable: to disable or hide the Wifi network name.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
That’s it, now your Wifi network name is hidden from everyone including you. In case you forget or don’t know, here’s how to connect to the hidden Wifi network in Windows 10.
If you have anything to ask, just leave them in the comment below.