After changing your Wifi network name and Wifi password, another step to level up your home Wifi security is by hiding your Wifi network name. You can set it as visible to everyone during the setup and hide it after that.
Without further ado, here’s how to hide your Wifi network name on Huawei B315 series 4G modem. This should work on any Huawei 4G LTE modem router B315 and B310 series like B310-22, B315-22, B315-608, B315-968.
Note: The tutorial below was done on Huawei B315-608 4G modem.
- Turn on your computer or any device you’re going to use for this tutorial.
- Turn on the modem.
- Connect your computer to the modem through the Wifi; the default SSID and password can be found on the sticker at the bottom of the modem.
Steps to hide Wifi network name on Huawei B315 4G modem
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to http://192.168.8.1
- If it is in Chinese language, you might want to change to your preferred language.
- Click down arrow button located at the top right corner of the screen
- Select your language
- Click Log In at the top right corner
- Enter the login detail as follows:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin or admin123
- Select Settings from menu on the top.
- Select WLAN from menu on the left.
- Select sub-menu WLAN Basic Settings.
- Set SSID broadcast:
- Enable: to enable or show the Wifi network name.
- Disable: to disable or hide the Wifi network name.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
That’s it, now your Wifi network name is hidden from everyone including you.
In case you forget or don’t know, here’s how to connect to the hidden Wifi network in Windows 10.
If you have anything to ask, just leave them in the comment below.