If you own any of the Huawei B315 or B310 series 4G LTE modem for your home internet, you can change the default SSID or Wifi network name and Wifi password to something you can easily remember.
Without further ado, here’s how to change the default Wifi password on Huawei B315 series 4G modem. This should work on any Huawei 4G LTE modem router B315 and B310 series like B310-22, B315-22, B315-608, B315-968.
Note: The tutorial below was done on Huawei B315-608 4G modem.
- Turn on your computer or any device you’re going to use for this tutorial.
- Turn on the modem.
- Connect your computer to the modem through the Wifi; the default SSID and password can be found on the sticker at the bottom of the modem.
Steps to change Wifi password on Huawei B315 4G modem
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to http://192.168.8.1
- If it is in Chinese language, you might want to change to your preferred language.
- Click down arrow button located at the top right corner of the screen
- Select your language
- Click Log In at the top right corner
- Enter the login detail as follows:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin or admin123
- Select Settings from menu on the top.
- Select WLAN from menu on the left.
- Select sub-menu WLAN Basic Settings.
- In SSID box, you can change to your preferred Wifi name.
- In Security mode, select WPA2-PSK.
- In WPA pre-shared key box, enter your preferred Wifi password.
- Tick Show password to reveal the password.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Note: Your Wifi connection will be disconnected, please re-connect using the new password.
Don’t forget to write the new password somewhere you can easily find. If you forget, just log in to the modem settings as above steps and tick the show password option to reveal the password.
If you have anything to ask, just leave them in the comment below.