If you own any of the Huawei B315 or B310 series 4G LTE modem for your home internet, you can and you must change the default SSID or Wifi network name and Wifi password to something you can easily remember. Or something more secure to prevent any unwanted connection from strangers.
Change the default Wifi password is essential, this could prevent a lot of things from happening. One of them is your Wifi network being used by strangers. Without knowing it, you probably lost all the quota within a few days.
Without further ado, here’s how to change the default Wifi password on Huawei B315 series 4G modem. This should work on any Huawei 4G LTE modem router B315 and B310 series like B310-22, B315-22, B315-608, B315-968, B315s-936 to name a few.
Note: The tutorial below was done on Huawei B315s-936 4G modem.
Steps to change Wifi password
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to http://192.168.8.1
- If it is in the Chinese language, you might want to change to your preferred language:
- Click down arrow button located at the top right corner of the screen
- Select your language.
- Click Log In at the top right corner.
- Enter the login detail, default as follows:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin or admin123
- Select Settings from the top menu.
- Select WLAN from the menu on the left.
- Select WLAN Basic Settings sub-menu.
- In SSID box, you can change to your preferred Wifi name.
- In Security mode, select WPA2-PSK.
- In WPA pre-shared key box, enter your preferred Wifi password.
- Tick Show password to reveal the password.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Note: Your Wifi connection will be disconnected, please re-connect using the new password.
Don’t forget to write the new password somewhere you can easily find. If you forget, just log in to the modem settings as above steps and tick the show password option to reveal the password.
If you have anything to ask, just leave them in the comment below.