If you have the admin credential to your Huawei B315 4G modem, you can see how many devices are currently connected to your Wifi network. From this device list, you can immediately block the connection from any unwanted device and put them in the blacklist to prevent them from connecting to your Wifi network.
This tutorial is very simple. Once you login to the modem web configuration page, go to the statistic page to see how many devices are connected to the modem and block those unwanted devices. The important part is, the device in question must be currently connected to the Wifi.
Note: The tutorial below was done on Huawei B315s-936 4G modem. Other series like B310-22, B315-22, B315-608, B315-968 should have similar steps.
Steps to check and block unwanted device connection
Follow below easy step by step instruction to block any device from connection to your Wifi network.
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to http://192.168.8.1
- If it is in the Chinese language, you might want to change to your preferred language:
- Click down arrow button located at the top right corner of the screen
- Select your language.
- Click Log In at the top right corner.
- Enter the login detail, default as follows:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin or admin123
- Select Statistic from the top menu.
- Under Connected WLAN Clients, you’ll see a list of devices currently connected to your Wifi.
- In the table, on the last column on the right, under Operation, click Block.
- In case you accidentally block your own device, check the Blacklist table.
- In the table, on the last column on the right, under Operation, click Allow.
Those device you already blocked will appear in the blacklist device list. This action can save you a lot of trouble, like slow internet connection, and premature quota depletion due to sharing the connection with those unknown devices.
If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask me in the comment below.