Having to stay at home and unable to meet your friends doesn’t mean you can’t watch a movie together. Here’s a way for you to watch Netflix together with your long-distance friends online.
This new feature is called Netflix Party and it is available through Chrome extension. Netflix Party adds group chat and synchronizes video playback so you can watch the same movie or show simultaneously.
Steps to start Netflix Party
- Go to Netflix Party web page.
- Click Install Netflix Party button.
- Once you are re-directed to the Chrome Web Store click Add to Chrome to finish installing Netflix Party.
- Go to Netflix website.
- Choose any show you would like to watch and start playing the video.
- To create your party, click on the red NP icon located next to the address bar.
- Click Start Party to get the party started.
- Copy the unique URL and share with your friends.
- When your friends click the link, the video will immediately start playing.
- To end the party, click NP icon and select Disconnect.
Note: If you close the video and go back to the Netflix home page, that will also disconnect the party and chatroom.
In the chatroom, you can monitor who has joined or left, as well as who has paused or fast-forwarded the video. The chatroom will dissapper after close the player.
Steps to join Netflix Party
- You need to install Netflix Party Chrome extension.
- Click on the unique URL sent by your friend who hosts the party.
- Click the NP extension icon to automatically join the party.
While we’re being lockdown due to the current situation, why not start a Netflix Party with your friends. No Netflix account? No problem, start a watch party on YouTube.