Learn how to force 4G LTE only on Samsung phone without root. All Android phones have an option to enable 4G LTE only, however, due to the network coverage limitation, some telco has to disable this.
The reason is simple, when you’re not in 4G LTE area, you’ll not be able to call or receive a call if you force 4G LTE only network. Here’s the basic option on all Android phones:
- LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto — the phone will automatically select the best network in your area between 4G LTE, WCDMA, and GSM
- WCDMA/GSM auto — the phone will automatically select the best network in your area between WCDMA and GSM
- WCDMA only — the phone will be using WCDMA network only regardless it is available or not, if not, you will not have any signal
- GSM only — the phone will be using GSM network only, this is the most common network, no need to worry, you will have full signal
Basically, the app that we’ll be using works on majority Android phone. All you need to do is download this app and enable 4G LTE Only. This app is called 4G LTE Switcher. Find the download link below.
Download and install 4G LTE Switcher from Play Store.
Important! Please make sure to enable the VoLTE option before enabling 4G LTE Only.
Force 4G LTE only on Samsung phone without root
This method has been proven works on the majority of Samsung phones. If it doesn’t work for you, maybe it’s due to model different.
- Open 4G LTE Switcher app.
- If an error comes out saying your phone is incompatible and please uninstall, means you have no luck. Please continue to uninstall the app
- If no issue, you can continue with the following step
- Scroll down until you see Set preferred network type.
- Just after that line, you will see your preferred network type.
- Tap on it and select LTE Only.
- Your phone will force to use 4G LTE only network.
- Make sure to enable VoLTE option.
Note: This app won’t change the option in your phone setting. When you open the Preferred Network Mode, you won’t see the LTE Only option.
I’m using Huawei phone and I’m using Settings Database Editor to add 4G LTE Only option in my phone. If you’re interested to try this method, see this article.
Let me know if you need any help, or share your experience using this app in below comment.