Learn how to change the maximum number of clients or devices allowed to your TM Streamyx Wifi network. You can configure to set to as many as you want as long as your router and network bandwidth able to support.
Theoretically, if 8 clients (devices) connected to 8Mbps network will get an average of 1Mbps per client. However, if some clients are not using the network, a router can shift the available bandwidth to the clients that need it.
Remember, if it is too many clients, your router can get overheat and might stop working when operating at extreme loads for extended periods.
Note: I’m using the default modem provided by TM which is Innacomm W3400V6 modem.
Connect your computer to the modem wired or wireless.
Make sure to have the login information. If you haven’t change them, the default as follows:
- Username: tmadmin
- Password: Adm@XXXX (XXXX is the last 4 digit of the modem MAC address)
Set up Streamyx Max Clients
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to
- On the login page, enter your login detail and click Login.
- Select Wireless menu on the left.
- Select Basic sub-menu.
- Find Max Clients and look at the box on it’s right.
- Set your new max clients.
- By default, it was set at 16. This means the maximum number of devices can connect to the wireless network is 16.
- Click Apply/Save button to save the new configuration.
Done. Now, the modem will only allows the maximum number as you configure in step 7, to connect to the network.
For my 8Mbps Streamyx, I set it at 8 clients so that if there are 8 devices connected to my Wifi network at the same time, it will be an average of 1Mbps for each device.
The lower the number of clients or device connected to the Wifi network, the higher speed will be for each of the device.
If you have any question, just let me know in the comment below.