Do you know that you may have uploaded information about your contacts beyond just their emails or phone numbers to Facebook unintentionally. By default, Facebook app enables the option to sync and continuously upload contacts from your phone.
According to Facebook, all info about your contact will be used by Facebook to make friend suggestions for you and others, and also to help Facebook to provide a better service.
In order for you to delete phone contacts on your Facebook account, you’ll have to turn off Continues Contacts Upload options in Facebook app and Sync Contacts options in Messenger before proceeding with deleting all of your uploaded phone contacts in Facebook. If you skip any of the steps below, your phone contacts will be re-uploaded back to Facebook.
How to delete phone contacts on Facebook
The following steps are essential, they will prevent Facebook from re-upload your contact after deleting them.
1. Turn Off Continues Contacts Upload
- Open Facebook app.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines.
- Select App Settings.
- Slide the toggle next to Continuous Contacts Upload.2
2. Turn Off Sync Contacts
- Open Facebook Messenger app.
- At HOME screen, tap on your profile picture.
- Select People.
- Tap Sync Contacts to turn this setting On or Off.
3. Delete phone contacts on Facebook
To delete phone contacts that you accidentally uploaded to Facebook, you have to log in to Facebook via a web browser.
- Open any web browser.
- Go to Facebook and log into your account.
- Go to Manage Invites and Imported Contacts.
- Select contact and select Delete Selected.
- To remove all contacts, select Remove All Contacts at the bottom of the page.
- Go to Uploading and Managing Your Contacts.
- Click Delete All.
All your contacts info will be deleted from Facebook. Make sure to turn Off Continues Contacts Upload on every device you use to open Facebook or Messenger.
Hopefully, you can avoid Facebook from getting your every contact information.