Getting annoy with the text message notification from Facebook? Here’s how to stop Facebook from keep sending you text message notification about everything happens on your Facebook account.
While setting up your Facebook account on your new smartphone, you followed all the step-by-step provided by Facebook and end up receiving text message notifications from Facebook. It is because one of the steps is to provide your mobile phone number.
Once you enter the phone number and proceed to login to your Facebook account, it will activate the text message notification. By default, you will receive all notifications of your Facebook activities like when your friend leave a comment on your photos, respond to your status updates, and many more.
So here is how you can stop receiving all these notifications.
Turn Off Facebook text message notification
You can choose to remove your phone number to remove all setting regarding text message notification. If you plan to keep the phone number, you’ll have to disable each notification you wanted to ignore.
Use Facebook app
- Open Facebook app.
- Tap on three-horizontal line at the top right.
- Tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Select Settings.
- Under Notifications, select Text messaging.
- Remove your phone number.
If you want to keep your phone number. Continue reading the following steps. Continue from step 4 above.
- Under Notifications, select Notifications setting.
- Tap on every notification and toggle the notification for SMS to Off.
Use internet browser
- Go to Facebook.
- Select the drop-down button at the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Select Mobile from the left pane.
- Click Remove. A confirmation message will pop-up
- Click Remove Phone.
- You have to enter your Facebook password to confirm the phone number removal.
Done. Once you turn Off the text message notification, you will no longer receive any notification from Facebook. But if you let it turn On for selected activity, you will receive notifications accordingly.
It’s up to you to add your phone number to Facebook. If you do, Facebook can find you through your phone number and use this information to recommend friends or vice versa.
Personally, I don’t add my phone number to Facebook. What do you think if this post? If you need help, just let me know in the comment below.