Here’s how to change Wifi name and password if you are using D-Link DSL-2750E router. This router is ADSL type and it is compatible with Streamyx connection.
I’ve been using D-Link DSL-2750E router for months. During this time I’ve no issue to complain. It’s
really cheap and one of the most affordable router for Streamyx connection.
Make sure your computer is connected to the router — wired or wireless (not necessary to have an internet connection).
Change Wifi name and password on D-Link DSL-2750E router
The following is the step by step to change Wifi name and password on D-Link DSL-2750e router.
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to
http://192.168.1.1or click here.
- On the login page, key in your username and password. Default as follows:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- Press Enter and you’ll be automatically directed to Setup page.
- From menu at the top, select Advanced.
- From menu on the left, select Advanced Wireless.
- Select Security Settings.
- Under Wireless SSID menu, select your Wifi name.
- Under Wireless Security Mode menu:
- in Security Mode box, select WPA2 only
- in WPA Encryption box, select TKIP+AES
- Under WPA menu:
- in WPA Mode box, select WPA2-PSK
- in Group Key Update Interval box, select 0
- Under Pre-shared Key menu, in the Pre-shared Key box, key in your preferred Wifi password (minimum 8 characters including number and special characters).
- Click Apply button to save the changes.
- Re-connect your device using the new Wifi name and password.
Done. Don’t forget to write down and keep your new Wifi name and password.
The more frequent you change the password is better. You can prevent unwelcome device from connecting to your Wifi network.
One more thing, you need to choose the difficult password to avoid people easily crack your password. However, if you choose WPA2-PSK as mentioned above, it is unlikely to happen.
If you have any question, let me know in the comment below.