Learn how to set the default zoom level in Google Chrome and make it permanent. When you download and install Google Chrome, by default it will set the zoom level at 125%. So, this is how you can change the default zoom level.
Every time you open any websites, the zoom level is set at 125%. If you change it to 100% from the zoom setting, that only effective for the current page as well as Google Chrome will remember the setting for future visit. This means, when you re-visit the same page any time in the future, it will automatically be displayed at 100% even your default zoom level at 125%.
But if you want your future visit to any web sites to be 100% or any size you preferred, you can change the default zoom level in Google Chrome advanced setting. Continue reading below to learn how to change the default zoom level.
How to set the default zoom level in Google Chrome
First, make sure you are using the latest version of Google Chrome. To check your Google Chrome version, click on 3-dots menu on the top right of the window. Select Help and click on About Google Chrome.
Your Chrome version will be displayed under the Get help with using Chrome button. If you are using the latest version, you will see Google Chrome is up to date. message under your current version.
Basically, you can change the default zoom level in Google Chrome in advance setting.
- When you open Google Chrome, click on the 3-dots menu at the top right of the Chrome window.
- In the menu list, click on Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the setting page, find and click on Show advanced settings….
- Then, scroll down and find Web content menu.
- Under the menu, there is Page zoom: setting, on it’s right is the value of your default zoom level.
- To change the value, click on it and select your preferred default value from the drop-down list.
- Once done, just close the setting tab and the new setting will take effect immediately.
The next time you open new tab or window, it will uses the new default zoom level.