In this post, I’m going to focus on how to fix Truecaller Live Caller ID not working on Huawei phone. What I mean by “not working” is, everytime someone calls me, the Live Caller ID is not popping up on the screen to show the caller ID. When I was using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, I didn’t face this problem. It just happened recently on my Huawei P20 Pro — my new beast friend :).
Supposedly, Live Caller ID works by showing the caller ID in real time and that’s how it got its name Live Caller ID, everytime someone calls you — depending on your setting. If it doesn’t, there is something wrong. Yes, this is what happens on my Huawei phone. So, I reached out to Truecaller Help Center to find out what went wrong. And this is what I found out.
How to fix Truecaller Live Caller ID not working on Huawei phone
- On your Huawei phone, tap on Settings.
- Select Apps & notifications.
- Select Apps.
- Select Truecaller.
- Select Battery.
- Select App launch.
- Disable Manage Automatically
- Enable Auto-launch.
- Enable Secondary launch
- Enable Run in background
- Select Ok.
Done. Truecaller Live ID work like a charm now.
How to fix Truecaller Live Caller ID not working on other phones
- Samsung phone: Go to your Phone Settings > Battery > Details > Find Truecaller > Turn off optimization!
- Xiaomi phone:
- Phone settings > Battery > Manage background data. Alternative is, Phone settings > Security > Permissions > Truecaller > allow all permissions
- Go to Additional Settings > Battery > Manage apps battery usage, by default its “standard” make sure to keep it off
- OnePlus phone: Go to Battery > Battery optimization “enable”
- VIVO phone:
- Go to iManager > Autostart manager > Enable Truecaller
- From iManager > Floating management window > Enable Truecaller
If the above tips not able to make Truecaller Live Caller ID works on your phone, you can either leave your comment here so we can discuss or contact Truecaller support team here.