Lost your WordPress username or password? Do you know you change your the username or password through phpMyAdmin? Here’s how to view and change WordPress username and password via cPanel.
In case you forgot your WordPress password, you can click Lost your password? link at the login page and WordPress will send you a link to your mailbox to reset your password.
However, this was not my case. I suspected my WordPress account has been hacked. Even I click on the lost password link, I didn’t receive an email to reset my password. So, I was forced to use the following method.
See also how to change WordPress domain address.
Change WordPress username and password via cPanel
Follow the step by step instruction below to change the username and password via cPanel.
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to your cPanel.
- Log in to your account.
- Under Databases, select phpMyAdmin.
- Select Database (it will list down all available tables in the database).
- Select user table (it will list down all registered users in the database).
- Example of user table name: [your database name]_0users
- Select your username.
- Click Edit button.
- Under user_login, enter your new username in the Value box.
- Under user_pass, select MD5 from the Function drop-down and enter your new password in the Value box.
- Click Go button to save the changes.
Now you can log in into your WordPress site using your new username and password.