Here’s how to set up MYTV with built-in DTTV. Some people may call it Digital Television (DTV) or some may call it Digital Terrestrial Television (DTTV). Both are actually the same thing and have the same function.
If you’ve recently bought a new TV set, it is most likely the TV set has an integrated Digital Television (iDTV) that comes with a digital TV tuner. Usually, this TV set will have the DTTV label approved by SIRIM.
This means you don’t have to buy the decoder to watch myFreeview or MYTV. Basically, there are two options to receive the Digital Terrestrial Television (DTTV) on your television:
- Using an old TV set: as long as it has an HDMI/AV input that can be connected to the MYTV decoder with Type DVB-T2 receiver. Read how to set up MYTV decoder Basic and Advance or
- Using a new TV set: (with the DTTV label approved by SIRIM) with integrated Digital Television (iDTV) that comes with a digital TV tuner.
In this article, we’ll focus on using a new TV set with integrated Digital Television (iDTV) that comes with a digital TV tuner.
See also stream live TV1 and TV2 online legally.
Make sure you have all the following:
- iDTV — DTTV approved by SIRIM
- UHF aerial – indoor or outdoor (recommended)
Install and connect the UHF aerial to your DTTV:
- Install the (indoor or outdoor) UHF aerial at a proper location.
- Connect the UHF aerial cable to ANT IN port at the back of the DTTV.
Set up MYTV with built-in DTTV
Most TV brands have similar setup steps. Here are the common steps for MYTV or DTTV setup.
- Using the TV remote control, press Input button.
- Select DTV/Digital from your TV screen.
- Press Menu button on the remote control.
- Select Initial setup from your TV screen.
- Select Digital setting.
- Select Auto search or Manual search to setup the channel.
Using Auto Search mode
- Select Auto search and press OK.
- Wait for the scanning to be completed. Once done, channel 1 will be displayed on the screen.
Using Manual Search mode
- Select Manual search and press OK.
- Enter channel number and press OK.
- While manually searching for the channel, look for a good Signal Strength/Level and Quality/Condition.
Note: For Semenanjung, you can use channel number 30/43/44/45/46/49/52. For Sabah/Sarawak, you can use channel number 34/42/43/47/52.
If you have any difficulty, you can let me know. And if you have successfully set up your DTTV and wanted to share your experience, leave them in the comment below.