You don’t need third-party apps to record screen on your iPhone. It’s never been easier, here I’ll walk you through how to record screen with audio on iPhone using the built-in screen recording tool. This method will work on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Even though your device allows you to record the screen and audio, please take note that some apps might not allow you to record audio. And you can’t record your screen and use screen mirroring at the same time.
Note: iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 11 or above will be able to use this built-in screen recording tool.
How to record screen with audio on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Here’s the step-by-step instruction to record screen with audio on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Control Center.
- Scroll down to More Controls.
- Tap the Add button next to Screen Recording.
- Open Control Center.
- To record screen only:
- tap Start Recording and wait for the three-second countdown.
- To record screen with audio:
- tap and hold the gray Record button, then tap Microphone.
- Tap Start Recording, then wait for the three-second countdown.
- To stop recording, open Control Center.
- Tap the red Record button.
- Alternatively, you can tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
- Wait for the notification and the ideo will be saved to your Photos app.
To open the video, go to the Photos app and select your screen recording.
That’s it. If you can’t find this option, make sure your device is updated to the latest iOS version or at least running iOS 11.
Is this useful? Let me know if you have any questions.