Learn how to restore your iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch from an iCloud backup. Using a new iOS device made it easier if you know how to restore all data and information such as images, contact numbers, messages (and etc) from your previous iOS device.
In my previous post, I showed you how you can back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud. So, here is how you can restore the backup to your new iOS device. It is important when you using a new device, so you don’t have to manually setup and transfer all the images in the gallery, messages, contact numbers and etc.
Note: If you already set up your device, you need to erase all of its content before you can use these steps to restore from your backup. If you have any issue and need help on restoring from your iCloud backup, you can read full article on Apple support forum here.
Restore iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch from an iCloud backup
- Turn on your device. You should see a Hello screen.
- Follow the onscreen setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Choose a backup. Look at the date and size of each and pick the most relevant.
- After you choose, the transfer starts. If a message says that a newer version of iOS is required, follow the onscreen steps to update.
- When asked, sign in to your Apple ID account to restore your apps and purchases. If you can’t remember your password, you can tap Skip this Step and sign in later.
- Stay connected and wait for a progress bar to appear and complete. Depending on the size of the backup and the network speed, the progress bar might need a few minutes to an hour to complete. If you disconnect from Wifi too soon, the progress will pause until you reconnect.
- Now you can finish setup and enjoy your device. Content like your apps, photos, music, and other information will continue to restore in the background for the next several hours or days, depending on the amount of information there is.
Done. Try to connect often to Wifi and power to let the process complete as fast as possible.
Do let me know in the comment below if you have any question.