Here’s how to install add-on in Kodi 18 Leia. This installation guide works to install any add-on including video, music, game, program, or picture add-on.
Before begin the installation, make sure to have the following information. The repository URL and the zip file. The example of each is as follows:
- The URL:
- The zip file: brzrl.video.x.x.x.zip
Important! Make sure the
/ at the back of the URL and the correct zip file revision.
Install add-on in Kodi 18 Leia
If you have the above information, you are good to go with the following guide. However, if you only have the zip file, you can skip step 2 to 13.
For Kodi 18 Leia, if this is your first time to install add-on, you’ll need to enable the unknown source. The guide to enable this option is provided below. Skip step 2 to 6 if this option is already enabled.
- Open Kodi 18 Leia.
- At Home screen, select the gear icon located at the top left of the screen.
- Select System.
- Select Add-ons.
- Click the Unknown sources to toggle the setting between On and Off.
- A warning message box will appear, click Yes to continue.
- Go back to Home screen, select the gear icon located at the top left of the screen.
- Select File manager.
- Select Add source.
- Select <None>.
- In Enter the paths or browse for the media locations box, enter the full URL of the add-on including the
http://and click OK .
- Select Enter a name for this media source, enter any name you want it to be called and click OK .
- Go back to Home screen, select Add-ons.
- Select box icon located at the top left of the screen.
- Select Install from zip file.
- Select the name of the media source you added in step 11 above.
- Locate and select the zip file and click OK.
- Wait for the Add-on enabled notification.
- Select Install from repository.
- Select the repository you’d just installed.
- Select Video/Music/Game/Program/Picture add-ons. (either one)
- Find and select the add-on you’d like to install and click Install.
- Wait for the Add-on installed notification.
Done. The add-on is successfully installed in your Kodi 18 Leia.
As you can see in the above tutorial, this installation guide can be used to install any add-on as mentioned in the first paragraph.
Note: If the add-on does not works as intended after the installation. Please contact the add-on developer.