If you are familiar with Excel, you might be familiar with the display comment feature. Do you know you can display a picture instead of text in the comment box? This is how you can do it, learn how to display a picture as a comment in Excel.
Each time you add a comment to any cell, an indicator will appear in the corner of the cell. When you hover your cursor over the cell, the comment appears.
Note: Keep in mind that it’s possible for others to edit your comments. Comments in Office documents are stored in the file, so anyone with edit access to your file can edit your comment.
How to display a picture as a comment in Excel
- Create a list of text in Excel.
- Right-click on any cell.
- Select Insert Comment.
- Delete all text in the comment box.
- Right-click at the edge of the comment box.
- Select Format Comment.
- Select Color and Lines tab.
- Click the drop-down arrow for the Color option.
- Select Fill Effects.
- Select Picture tab.
- Click Select Picture.
- Select any picture you want to display as a comment.
- (Optional) Click to check the Lock picture aspect ratio.
- Click OK.
Done. The comment will be replaced with the picture instead. Every time you hover the cursor over the cell, Excel will automatically display the picture.
Do let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.