Immediately lock your Windows 10 when you click an icon? Learn how to create a desktop shortcut icon for locking your Windows 10 computer. This easy method will let you lock Windows 10 with just a double-click.
The usual method is to click on Windows button, select the user, and click on Lock button. With this method, you no longer need those. Just create the Lock shortcut icon and place in on the desktop, double-click on this icon to lock your computer.
Here’s how to do it.
Steps to create Lock desktop shortcut in Windows 10
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop.
- Select New.
- Select Shortcut.
- Create Shortcut window will appear.
- Enter or copy and paste the following command into Type The Location Of The Item box.
- Click Next button.
- Enter the shortcut name in Type A Name For This Shortcut.
- Click Finish button and the shortcut will appear on your desktop.
Whenever you want to lock your Windows 10 computer, double-click this desktop shortcut icon.
Let me know in the comment if you use this method. Or if you have other method, you can share those methods here as well.