Learn to do some basic technical troubleshooting for Astro NJOI error. In this post, I’ve compiled some of the basic and most popular Astro NJOI errors together with the suggested solutions.
If you encounter any of the following NJOI errors, follow the step by step instructions as suggested. If the error you encounter is not listed here, you might need to call Astro for further actions.
Astro NJOI errors and their solution
Invalid smart card
Please insert your NJOI Smart Card or insert your Astro Smart Card correctly.Astro on screen message
- Turn off decoder (Power Reset).
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Remove and clean the smart card with clean & soft material.
- Re-insert the smart card correctly gently and firmly with the gold chip facing up.
- Ensure satellite cable is securely connected.
Your smart card is inactive
Please call NJOI customer service to activate.Astro on screen message
- Call NJOI to activate your smart card, or
- Leave your NJOI Smart Card inside your decoder for a couple of hours, and ensure that your decoder is powered up with the signal locked on.
Services currently not available
Services currently not availableAstro on screen message
- Ensure that the satellite input cable is connected properly.
- Have an authorized installer align the dish properly.
- Or read how to fix Astro “Service Currently Not Available” error message
No favorite channels found
You can access the Home screen using the Home button on your remote control. You can assign favorite channels by navigating to:
- Press Home button.
- Select Settings.
- Select User Settings.
- Select Edit Favourites.
See also Astro TV Guide.
The display on the front panel does not light up/is not lit
- Make sure the lead from the 12V power supply unit is properly plugged into your NJOI decoder.
- Check that the 12V power supply unit is properly connected to the mains supply and that the mains supply is switched on.
- Please wait for the weather to improve and try again later.
- If still persist after weather improve. Follow these steps:
- Go to LNB settings screen.
- Choose LNB as universal.
- Select Entry Point -1 MEASAT3(VL).
- If there is a signal level, press OK.
- If there is no signal level, switch Off power supply and ensure satellite cable is securely connected, then switch On power supply.
Re-configure the audio settings. Follow these steps:
- Go to Home
- Select Settings
- Select Your Settings
- Select Digital Audio Settings — there are 2 options at Digital Audio Settings page:
- If you are using audio from TV/STB , please select <Stereo >Analogue and Digital.
- If you are using Home theatre system, please select <Dolby Digital 5.1> Once changes have been made, press blue button to Apply Changes, press Back button to exit.
Disclaimer: I don’t work for Astro. If you need further help from them, you can call or WhatsApp ‘Hi’ to +603 9543 3838.
If you have any questions, let me know in the comment below.