Here’s the list of popular Astro NJOI error with possible causes and suggested solutions. Learn to troubleshoot your Astro NJOI error based on the possible causes and suggested solutions.
If you encounter any of the following error (I believe you have and you will), you can try to solve the issue by according to the suggested solution. If it is not listed, leave a comment below and I will try to help you to find the solution.
Astro NJOI error, possible causes and suggested solutions
1. Invalid smart card. Please insert your NJOI Smart Card or insert your Astro Smart Card correctly.
Issue #1: The smart card is not inserted properly.
Solution: Turn off decoder (Power Reset) and wait for 10 seconds. Remove and clean the smart card with a clean & soft material. Re-insert the smart card correctly gently and firmly with the gold chip facing up. Ensure satellite cable is securely connected.
Issue #2: There is a mismatch in the customer type of the NJOI Smart Card inserted in your NJOI decoder or the smart card in your NJOI decoder box is not an NJOI Smart Card.
Solution: Please insert the NJOI Smart Card that came with your NJOI decoder.
2. Your smart card is inactive. Please call NJOI customer service to activate.
Issue: The NJOI Smart Card has not been in your decoder for several months.
Solution: Leave your NJOI Smart Card inside your decoder for a couple of hours, and ensure that your decoder is powered up with the signal locked on.
3. Services currently not available.
Issue #1: The satellite input is not connected properly.
Solution: Ensure that the satellite input cable is connected properly.
Issue #2: The dish is not aligned properly.
Solution: Have an authorized installer align the dish properly.
4. No favorite channels found.
Issue: You have not assigned any channels to your favorite channels list.
Solution: You can access the Home screen using the Home button on your remote control. You can assign favorite channels by navigating to:
- Select Settings.
- Select User Settings.
- Select Edit Favourites.
5. The display on the front panel does not light up/is not lit.
Issue: Your NJOI decoder is not connected.
Solution: Make sure the lead from the 12V power supply unit is properly plugged into your NJOI decoder. Check that the 12V power supply unit is properly connected to the mains supply, and that the mains supply is switched on.
6. Signal issues
Issue #1: Severe weather and heavy cloud cover.
Solution: Please wait for the weather to improve and try again later.
Issue #2: Signal settings in decoder requires configuration.
Solution: Follow these steps:
- Go to LNB settings screen.
- Choose LNB as universal.
- Select Entry Point -1 MEASAT3(VL).
- If there is a signal level, press OK.
- If there is no signal level, switch Off power supply and ensure satellite cable is securely connected, then switch On power supply.
7. Audio issues
Issue: Audio settings require configuration.
Solution: Follow these steps:
- Go to Home
- Select Settings
- Select Your Settings
- Select Digital Audio Settings — there are 2 options at Digital Audio Settings page:
- If you are using audio from TV/STB , please select <Stereo >Analogue and Digital.
- If you are using Home theater system, please select <Dolby Digital 5.1> Once changes has been made, press blue button to Apply Changes, press Back button to exit.
Note: If issue still persists, please send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) detailing the issue faced and the message on the screen along with your IC number, full name, contact number and account number.