If you’re care and concern about how much time your kids are spending on playing Xbox, the best way to monitor and limit their activities is through the Xbox Family Settings app. Here’s how to set up Xbox Family Settings app through your smartphone.
Setting up Xbox Series X or S parental controls via Xbox Family Settings app may take you some time in the beginning, but trust me, you’ll love the app after you find out how easy to use it and what it can do for you.
Some of the features including Time Limit & Range, Online Communication restrictions, Online Multiplayer options, manage your child’s Friend List, and a lot more other controls to limit your child’s activity.
Steps to set up Xbox Family Settings app
All of the steps listed below will be done through your smartphone.
- Download the Xbox Family Settings app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app and sign into your Xbox/Microsoft account.
- Select Add Family Member.
- Select Create a child account or Invite Someone to add an existing Microsoft or Xbox Live account to your Xbox family.
- To create a child account, you will need to enter an email address and password. Being said that, you’ll need to create an Xbox profile for them.
- Once you’ve added them, select their profile name to begin with the basic settings.
- Enter the age of your child — Xbox Family Settings app will automatically suggest age-appropriate content restrictions.
- Choose your child’s online Communication restrictions.
- Choose your child’s online Multiplayer options.
- Done with the basic settings for your child’s Xbox account.
- Now, select the child’s Settings.
- Scroll down and select Screen Time.
- Select Time Range to adjust how long your child can use their Xbox on any day.
Some other things you can do with Xbox Family Settings app are:
- Add other organizers/adults
- Monitor their activity
- Manage your child’s Friends List
All of the above settings can be changed at a later time. So if you think any of the settings are no longer applicable for your child, change them anytime you want.
That’s all you need to know on how to set up and use Xbox Series X or S parental controls via Xbox Family Settings app. Let me know in the comment if you have any questions.