Learn how to uninstall any games or apps on your Xbox One. If you are running out of memory on your Xbox One hard drive, this tutorial will be useful to help you to free up some memory. You will be able to clean up your Xbox One hard drive in a matter of minutes.
Basically, you can buy an external hard drive for your Xbox One to keep all games and apps. However, what if you suddenly encounter your hard drive is running out of space while you are playing the games. It is not practical to Pause the game and go to the store to buy one external hard drive right?
So, here is what you need to do if you are running into this situation. Don’t worry, the games or apps are just being uninstalled from your Xbox One hard drive, you still own the games. This means, anytime in the future you can re-download and install it back on your Xbox One when it has enough memory space.
See also how to set up NVIDIA SHIELD TV.
How to uninstall any games or apps on Xbox One
The following is the instruction on how to uninstall any games or apps on Xbox One:
- At Home menu, select My Games & Apps.
- In the My Games & Apps menu. Select Games or Apps and press A button on your controller, depending on what you want to delete.
- When the games or apps thumbnail appears, highlight any games or apps you want to delete and press the Menu button on your controller.
- A new window will pop up on your screen containing a list of menus, select Uninstall and press A button on your controller.
- In the next window, select Uninstall all to continue to uninstall or select Cancel to cancel the uninstallation. Press A button to proceed.
- The selected games or apps are now deleted from your Xbox One console.
Note: If you feel want to play them again, you can re-download and install them anytime in the future. Just visit the Ready to install tabs on My Games & apps menu.
Which apps or games do you keep and which one do you uninstall?