This is the list of the top 7+1 free safe DNS Servers for family protection. These free DNS Servers are predefined for family protection that helps to protect your family members from seeing or block any inappropriate content on the internet.
Basically, by using any of the following DNS Servers, all devices connected to it will be automatically blocked from accessing those unwanted and inappropriate content by using pre-defined, category-based web filtering, along with custom white/blacklists.
Note: The pre-defined list of bad sites might be different for each DNS Server provider. You can test each of the DNS Servers listed below and choose which one is the best for your family.
7+1 free safe DNS Servers for family
- OpenDNS FamilyShield a special service offered by OpenDNS meant for home users who want to keep their children from seeing inappropriate images.
- Primary DSN server: 184.108.40.206
- Secondary DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Cloudflare’s 18.104.22.168 for Families the easiest way to add a layer of protection to your home network and protect it from malware and adult content.
- Primary DNS server: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- CleanBrowsing Family mode blocks access to all adult, pornographic, and explicit sites. It also blocks proxy and VPN domains that are used to bypass the filters.
- Primary DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- DNS for Family is created with the intention of providing safe and clean internet to users all around the world.
- Primary DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS server: 18.104.22.168
- Yandex.DNS Family a free, recursive DNS service located in Russia, CIS countries, and Western
- Europe.Primary DNS server: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- NeuStar UltraDNS mitigates threats by preventing access to malicious websites known for malware, phishing, spyware, bots, and ensure your children don’t have access to mature content.
- Primary DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- AdGuard DNS Family protection mode blocks access to all websites with adult content and enforces safe search in the browser, in addition to the regular perks of ad blocking and browsing security.
- Primary DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- SafeSurfer is an effective method of preventing accidental access to pornography and other harmful content.
- Primary DNS server: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
Once done, please clear the DNS cache on your computer and web browser. This procedure is necessary in order for previously cached resolutions to be cleared out and subsequent lookup to be performed based on newly configured DNS settings.
I highly recommend OpenDNS FamilyShield and Cloudflare’s 188.8.131.52 for Families. You can set these DNS Servers on your child’s computer only if you want to keep them safe from bad sites. If you have any comments, please let me know in the comment section below.