Wondering if your newly bought iPhone is a new set, refurbished set, or a replacement set? There is no better way than checking the iPhone by yourself. Here is a very simple way to identify a new, refurbished, or replacement iPhone.
- A new iPhone is a brand new original (retail) model.
- A refurbished iPhone is when they have been repaired and re-sold by Apple after a hardware issue was found in the original phone.
- A replacement iPhone is when the originally bought device was replaced by this model likely due to a service request.
So, which category is your phone? Let’s find out.
How to identify if iPhone is a new, refurbished or replacement set
- On your iPhone, select Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down the General Settings page, select About.
- Look for the Model number.
The Model number consists of a collection of numbers and letters. The important part is the first character. Here is what the first character means:
- M — your iPhone is a new set
- F — your iPhone is a refurbished set
- N — your iPhone is a replacement set
Note: If the Model number started with other than the abovementioned characters, like the letter A, try tap on it. Apple uses two numbering systems, tap on it will change it to the above format.
Are you using an iPhone? What is the first character of the model number? Is it a new, refurbished, or replacement set?