Learn how to save or download YouTube video on iPhone without the need of Jailbreak. You can save or download any YouTube video with these two popular methods to your iPhone.
These methods will be using Files and Documents 5 app.
Basically, if you are looking for YouTube video downloader in the App Store, there will be none. This is because Apple has blocked all apps that claim to be able to provide such a feature.
However, there are workarounds to download YouTube video to your iPhone by using the aforementioned apps.
See also how to save or download Tik Tok video.
First, you choose which method would you prefer. Then, download and install any of the following apps to your iPhone accordingly:
- To download and install Files app, click this link.
- To download and install Documents 5 app, click this link.
Download YouTube video on iPhone
Method 1: Using Files app
- Open YouTube app.
- Search for a video you want to download. Copy the video link.
- Open Files app and navigate Online Video Converter website.
- Paste the YouTube video link into the Paste link here box by long-pressing the box and select Paste.
- In the Format box below the first box, click on the drop-down arrow to select the format. There are two options — Audio and Video formats. In this case, you will select any formats you preferred under Video Formats.
- Once you select the format, select Start to continue. You will see Your video is being processed! dialog box, please wait.
- Once the conversion completed, it will display Download and Convert again options. Select and hold the Download button and select Download Linked File As… option to download the video.
- On the next screen, select Save to continue downloading. Then you will see the download in progress.
- Once the download complete, select Files to open the download folder. Tap on the file to play the video.
Method 2: Using Documents 5 app
- Open Document 5 app.
- Select Browser icon located at the bottom right of the screen.
- In the browser, navigate to YouTube website by typing https://youtube.com in the address bar.
- Go to the video you wanted to download.
- Click on the video link in the address bar and type ss just before the youtube.com/… and click Go. For example:
- From: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXX
- Change to: https://m.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=XXXXXX
- The browser will direct you to https://savefrom.net website. You will find the download button with the drop-down arrow button. Select the drop-down arrow and select the video quality.
- Select the video quality and it will take you to the next page. You can rename the file or proceed to download.
- Select Done to continue downloading the file.
- In the pop-up message, select Allow and the download will start. You can select on the Download icon to see the download progress.
- Once download completed, select the video and you will be directed to the Downloads folder.
- Hold the video and drag to Drag here on the top left of the screen and place the video into Photos folder.
- In the pop-up message, select Ok to continue. Close Documents 5 app.
- Open Photos and go to Video folder to find the video.
Done! Repeat the steps above to download any video from YouTube to your iPhone. Let me know which method you prefer and how’s the experience.