Learn how to disable tab preview in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. You will need to add additional DWORD value in Registry Editor to trigger Microsoft Edge to disable the preview function.
Microsoft has added tab preview feature in their new internet browser, Edge. It works when you have multiple tabs, before switching tabs, you hover your cursor on any tab and Edge will display a thumbnail preview of the page in the tab.
This is a great feature, but what if you want it to be turned OFF? This simple tutorial is exactly what you need. This is how you can get rid of this thumbnail preview in Microsoft Edge.
Note: This tutorial is not to make Edge works faster. It is just to disable the preview function. But, if the preview takes longer time to load, yes, it may improve your overall experience when switching tabs.
How to disable tab preview in Microsoft Edge
- Boot up your Windows computer. On your Home Screen, press WIN+R to open Run dialogue box.
- In the Run dialogue box, type
regeditand press Enter to open Registry Editor window.
- Navigate to TabbedBrowsing through the following path:
- select HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- select SOFTWARE
- select Classes
- select Local Settings
- select Software
- select Microsoft
- select Windows
- select CurrentVersion
- select AppContainer
- select Storage
- select microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
- select MicrosoftEdge
- select TabbedBrowsing
- Pont the cursor to an empty space, right-click and select to add new DWORD Value.
- Name the new DWORD entry as TabPeekEnabled.
- Set the value as 0. Done!
If you have the Edge open, close and re-open it. Open multiple tabs and see the tab preview is gone.