Is there any way to save or backup Telegram chat history? As you already noticed, there is no option in Telegram messenger that let you save your conversation with your friend and this is what makes Telegram the most secure messaging app out there.
Basically, Telegram saves all of your conversations history on the encrypted server, not on your phone memory like other messengers. Meaning, you can view and access all of your conversation from any devices anytime.
However, if you are looking a way to save or backup your Telegram chat history manually on your computer local drive, continue reading. You will be using Telegram Web to copy and save the chat history into any text editor.
Note: You will not be able to view the saved chat in Telegram app.
How to save or backup Telegram chat history
- Connect your device to the internet.
- Launch your favorite internet browser.
- Copy and paste this URL:
https://web.telegram.orginto the address bar and press Enter.
- Sign-in into your account by selecting your Country and your phone number.
- Select Next button at the top right of the corner.
- Once you signed in to your Telegram account, select the name of the peer which you want to save or backup the chat history. Click on the name.
- Once the chat history loaded, click on the text and press Ctrl + A to select all text followed by Ctrl + C to copy selected text.
- Open any text editor software, Notepad or WordPad for example.
- Click on the blank page and press Ctrl + V to paste all text into the text editor software.
- Save the file as you like.
That’s it, if you have any question, let me know in the comment below.