Learn how to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 on 5.0 Lollipop firmware. This rooting method is known as the safest root method which will be using the popular CF-Auto-Root by Chainfire.
It has been almost a year since I own my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 international variance when I learned to root it to use the best Note 3 custom ROM. If you want to learn to root your Samsung SM-N9005 device, this post is for you.
Confirm your Note 3 model number
Before proceed with the root, make sure your Note 3 model is SM-N9005. To verify your device model number, go to “Settings” > “About phone” > “Model number”.
Enable USB debugging mode
Second, enable “USB Debugging Mode” on your phone. Go to “Settings” > “About phone”, tap on “Build Number” seven times until a message appears saying “You are now a Developer”. Enable “USB Debugging Mode” by navigating to “Settings” > “Developer Options”.
And, make sure your device is charged to or more than 80% battery level to avoid power off due to lack of battery during rooting process. And don’t forget to create a backup as this tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone.
Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device, use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
How to root Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 on 5.0 Lollipop
Step 1: Download following files and follow the instructions:
- Samsung USB Driver – Download and install into your computer.
- CF-Auto-Root for SM-N9005 – Download into your computer and extract the .tar.md5 file into any folder.
- Odin 3.09 – Download and install into your computer.
Step 2: Get your SM-N9005 device into Download Mode.
- Switch OFF your SM-N9005.
- Press and hold “Volume Down” + “Home” + “Power” buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on the phone’s screen. Then press the “Volume Up” button to enter into “Download Mode”.
Step 3: Right click on the Odin icon on your PC and select “Run as Administrator”.
Step 4: Flash CF-Auto-Root.
- Connect your device to your PC using original USB cable.
- An “Added” message will appear under Odin message box if the phone is successfully detected.
- Additionally, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number indicating successful connection.
- Click the AP button and select CF-Auto-Root .tar.md5 file.
- Ensure only “Auto-Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” checkboxes are ticked.
- Click the “Start” button and the installation process should begin. The process will take a few minutes to complete.
- When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart and soon a “PASS” message with green background in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from computer.
Congratulation, now your Note 3 SM-N9005 is successfully rooted.
Note: If you encounter “Unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped”?, you need to go to Play Store, download and install the latest SuperSU. Once installed, reboot the phone.