Learn the proper method to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 on 5.0 Lollipop firmware. This rooting method is, as far as I know, is the safest root method which will be using the popular CF-Auto-Root by Chainfire.
It has been almost a year since I own my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 international variance when I learned to root it to use one of the best custom ROM — Aryamod. If you want to learn to root your Samsung SM-N9005 device, this post is for you.
Before proceeding with the root process, please make sure the following:
- Confirm your Note 3 model number – Make sure your Note 3 model is SM-N9005. To verify your device model number, go to Settings > About phone > Model number.
- Enable USB debugging mode – Go to Settings > About phone, tap on Build Number seven times until a message appears saying “You are now a Developer”. Enable USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Battery level – Make sure your device is charged to or more than 80% battery level to avoid power off due to lack of battery during rooting process. And don’t forget to create a backup as this tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone.
Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device, use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
How to root Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 on 5.0 Lollipop
- Download following files and follow the instructions:
- Get your SM-N9005 device into Download Mode.
- Switch OFF your Note 3 SM-N9005.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on the phone’s screen. Then press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
- Right-click on the Odin icon on your PC and select Run as Administrator.
- Connect your device to your PC using the original USB cable.
- An Added message will appear under Odin message box if the phone is successfully detected
- Additionally, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number indicating successful connection
- Click the AP button and select CF-Auto-Root
- Ensure only Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are ticked.
- Click the Start button and the installation process should begin. The process will take a few minutes to complete.
- When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart and soon a PASS message with green background in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer.
- Congratulation, now your Note 3 SM-N9005 is successfully rooted.
Note: If you encounter “Unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped”?, you need to go to Play Store, download and install the latest SuperSU. Once installed, reboot the phone.