Below is the step by step guide on how to install XvBMC REPOsitory, one of the best Kodi repository that still alive.
Disclaimer: I do not maintain XvBMC REPOsitory nor have any affiliation with the developer. XvBMC REPOsitory is a third-party add-on which is not related to Kodi Team. If you have any issue related to this add-on, please do not post your question on Kodi forum.
If you are already familiar with the installation process, you can install the repository from this link:
If you are not, here I show you how.
By default, Kodi 17 will not let you install a 3rd party add-on. You have to enable the unknown source option before continuing with the installation. Here is how to enable the unknown source on Kodi 17.
How to enable the Unknown source on Kodi 17
- Open Kodi app.
- At HOME Screen, select Settings.
- Select System settings.
- Select Add-ons.
- Click the Unknown sources to toggle between On and Off.
Once you enable the unknown source, you can continue with the following steps.
How to install XvBMC REPOsitory Kodi add-on
- Open Kodi app.
- At HOME screen, select SYSTEM (Kodi 16 and below), or select Settings (Kodi 17).
- Select File manager.
- Select Add source.
- Select None.
- Type the following URL EXACTLY:
https://archive.org/download/repository.xvbmc/and click Done (Kodi 16 and below), or click OK (Kodi 17).
- Select Enter a name for this media source, type xvbmc and click OK.
- Go back to HOME screen.
- Select SYSTEM (Kodi 16 and below), or select Add-ons (Kodi 17).
- Select Add-ons (Kodi 16 and below), or select Package installer (Kodi 17).
- Select Install from zip file.
- Select xvbmc.
- Select repository.xvbmc-x.x.zip.
- Wait for the Add-on enabled notification.
Once you see the enable notification, it means XvBMC REPOsitory has been successfully installed on your Kodi app.