Learn how to change TM Streamyx Wifi channel to a faster channel in your area. If you find your home Wifi connection slows or drops out, it is time to change your Wifi channels to avoid interference which might be the cause of slowing down your Wifi speed. By changing your Wifi channel, it is most likely can fix the problem.
If you are living in a congested area or in an apartment complex, you may be facing your Wifi connection dropping out or not as fast as it should be. This is most likely due to Wifi channels in your area. If you are on the same Wifi channel with lots of your neighbor, you will face a lot of interference with their networks.
So, how to avoid the Wifi interference? It is by changing your Wifi channel to use the Wifi channel with fewer people on it. Note that Wifi channels are overlapped with nearby channels. However, channel 1, 6 and 11 are not overlapped with each other and they are the best and most frequently used for 2.4GHz Wifi.
If you need help on analyzing and selecting the best Wifi channel in your area, you can download Wifi Analyzer from Google Play store and install on your Android phone. Launch the app, tap “View” menu and select “Channel” rating. The app will display a list of Wifi channels and a star rating — the one with the most stars is the best.
Note: This guide is for TM Streamyx wireless G ADSL 2+ modem model Innacomm W3400V6. Different model should have slightly different configuration page. However, it will be very similar to each other.
How to change TM Streamyx Wifi channel
- Turn on your computer and TM Streamyx modem.
- Connect your computer to the wireless network or use LAN cable.
- Open any internet browser and enter the following URL exactly:
- Can’t open the web-based setup page using above link? Read this post to find your modem or router IP address
- On the login page, key in your login detail. Below is the default:
- ID: tmadmin
- Password: Adm@XXXX
- XXXX is the last 4 digit of your modem MAC id, you can find it on the sticker at the bottom of your modem and usually written on the router box by the service technician
- or if fail, you can try using “tmadmin” without ” “ for both username and password
- Once done, click Login.
- From the menu on the left-hand side, select Wireless.
- From Wireless sub-menu, select Advanced.
- Find Channel, click the arrow in the box on it’s right.
- It’s a drop-down arrow, once click it will display a selection of number 1 until 11
- The most frequent used channels for 2.4Ghz Wifi are channel 1, 6 and 11
- Once you selected your preferred Wifi channel, click Apply/Save button. Done.
Hopefully, by changing the Wifi channel can help to improve your TM Streamyx Wifi speed. However, if the speed remains constantly dropping and interfering with nearby channels. You may need to get a router that supports 5GHz Wifi channel. 5GHz Wifi channels are farther apart and won’t interfere each other as much as 2.4Ghz Wifi channel.