By default, some of TM Streamyx modem will use tmadmin or tmuser or Adm@XXXX (XXXX is the last 4 digit of the modem MAC address) as a password. If your modem comes with the latter, there should be no problem. However, if it comes with the standard password same as username, you have to change it immediately. Learn how to change your TM Streamyx modem password to avoid other people to gain control over it.
Basically, you can access your TM Streamyx modem through two user accounts; tmadmin or tmuser.
- tmadmin: has unrestricted access to change and view configuration of your DSL Router
- tmuser: can access the DSL Router, but only to view configuration settings and statistics
Note: This guide is for TM Streamyx wireless G ADSL 2+ modem model Innacomm W3400V6. Different model should have slightly different configuration page. However, it will be very similar to each other.
How to change TM Streamyx modem password
- Turn on your computer and TM Streamyx modem.
- Connect your computer to the wireless network or use LAN cable.
- Open any internet browser and enter the following URL EXACTLY:
- Can’t open through the above URL? Read this post to find your modem or router IP address
- On the login page, key in your login detail. Below is the default:
- ID: tmadmin
- Password: tmadmin
- If can’t log in, try following:
- ID: tmadmin
- Password: Adm@XXXX
- XXXX is the last 4 digit of your modem MAC id, you can find it on the sticker at the bottom of your modem and usually written on the router box by the service technician
- Once done, click Login.
- Select Management from the menu on the left.
- Under Management sub-menus, select Access Control.
- Select Password.
- In Username drop-down box, select tmadmin.
- In New Password box, key in your desired password.
- You can enter up to 15 characters and it cannot contain a space
- In Confirm Password box, repeat your new password.
- Click Apply/Save button to save the changes.
- Repeat step 10 to 13 to for tmuser.
Note: Please keep your new password as you will need it to login into your modem in the future. However, if you forget your password, the only option is to reset the modem to its factory setting.