Learn how to change your TM Streamyx modem password to avoid other people to gain control over it. You can change the “tmadmin” or “tmuser” password to your desired password.
Basically, you can access to your TM Streamyx modem through two user accounts; tmadmin or tmuser.
- tmadmin: has unrestricted access to change and view configuration of your DSL Router
- tmuser: can access the DSL Router, but only to view configuration settings and statistics
Note: This guide is for TM Streamyx wireless G ADSL 2+ modem model Innacomm W3400V6. Different model should have slightly different configuration page. However, it will be very similar to each other.
How to change TM Streamyx modem password
Step 1: Turn on your computer and TM Streamyx modem.
Step 2: Connect your computer to the wireless network or use LAN cable.
Step 3: Open any internet browser and enter the following URL exactly: http://192.168.1.1
Step 4: On the login page, key in your login detail. Below is the default:
- ID: tmadmin
- Password: Adm@XXXX
- or if fail, you can try “tmadmin” without ” “
- XXXX is the last 4 digit of your modem MAC id, you can find it on the sticker at the bottom of your modem and usually written on the router box by the service technician
Step 5: Once done, click “Login”.
Step 6: On the left-hand side menu, click “Management”.
Step 7: Under “Management” sub-menus, click “Access Control” then “Password”.
Step 8: In “Username” drop-down box, select “tmadmin” or “tmuser”.
Step 9: In “New Password” box, key in your desired password.
- You can enter up to 15 characters and it cannot contain a space
Step 10: In “Confirm Password” box, repeat your new password.
Step 11: Click “Apply/Save” button. Done!
Please remember your new password as you will need it to login into your modem in the future.