Learn how to change your TM Streamyx Wifi name and password. Your computer must be connected to the modem through Wifi network or by cable to be able to access the modem configuration page.
To enhance you wireless network security, I recommend you to change them on a regular basis. By doing this, you can prevent any unwanted connection connected to your network which might slow down overall internet speed.
Note: This guide is for TM Streamyx wireless G ADSL 2+ modem model Innacomm W3400V6. Different model should have slightly different configuration page. However, it will be very similar to each other.
How to change TM Streamyx Wifi name and password
Step 1: Turn on your computer and TM Streamyx modem.
Step 2: Connect your computer to the wireless network or use LAN cable.
Step 3: Open any internet browser and enter the following URL exactly: http://192.168.1.1
Step 4: On the login page, key in your login detail. Below is the default:
- ID: tmadmin
- Password: Adm@XXXX
- or if fail, you can try “tmadmin” without ” “
- XXXX is the last 4 digit of your modem MAC id, you can find it on the sticker at the bottom of your modem and usually written on the router box by the service technician
Step 5: Once done, click “Login”.
Step 6: On the left-hand side menu, click “Wireless” then “Basic”.
Step 7: In “SSID” box, key in your preferred wireless network name.
Step 8: Click “Apply/Save” button to save the changes.
- You have successfully change your Wifi or wireless network name
- Proceed with Step 9 below to change your Wifi password
Step 9: Under “Wireless” sub-menus, click “Security”.
Step 10: Select your “SSID” and choose your preferred “Network Authentication” method.
Step 11: In “WPA/WAPI passphrase” box, key in your new password.
Step 12: Click “Apply/Save” button to save the changes.
- Done! You have successfully change your Wifi or wireless network password
If your computer is connected to the network using wireless, it will be disconnected. You have to search and connect to the new network name and login using the new password.