Learn the proper way to cancel or terminate your P1 service. Here is my experience with P1 team when I terminated my P1 service a year ago. Honestly, it was very easy if you follow the right step by step.
P1 service is great, the only reason I discontinued using their service is because there was no P1 coverage in my new home area. Unfortunately, I still have contract with them. I forgot that when my old contract almost expired, I upgraded my P1 package and the contract was automatically renewed.
So, you must be careful, they always have a better package to offer before your contract period end. They will try to keep you with the contract as long as they can. In my case, the sales girl didn’t mention anything about the contract renewal. Ermm…
Before proceed with the service cancellation, make sure you check the following:
- when is your contract period start and the expiry date – penalty will be charged to those who end their contract earlier
- modem, plug and LAN cable – you will have to pay certain amount and will be given some time to find lost item and return back to them
How to cancel or terminate P1 service
Step 1: Get P1 HQ phone number from P1 website or P1 Authorized Service Partners near your area.
Step 2: Call P1 HQ to let them know about the cancellation.
- They will create a service cancellation request and provide you the reference number (keep the number)
- You will receive an email from them regarding the cancellation request
Step 3: Once the cancellation has been registered, usually, not more than 2 days, go to any P1 Authorized Service Partners.
Step 4: Provide them the service cancellation request number from Step 2.
- Don’t forget to bring together your P1 modem, plug and LAN cable, you will need to return them to P1
- If you don’t have either one or all of the item, they will ask you to pay for a certain price
Step 5: Fill-up the Termination Form or they will print a completed form for you.
Step 6: Say thank you to the P1 staff for all the hard work and get out from their premise.
- You will receive a confirmation of service termination email from P1
- Keep the form you receive in Step 4 for at least 2 months in case your bill still running
Done! That’s all you have to do to properly cancel or terminate your P1 service. If you have any question, you can leave them below.
Disclaimer: I am not in any way have any relation with P1 or work for them. Please do not ask me to terminate your account. Please follow above steps properly so you will not have any issue in the future.