Learn the proper way to cancel or terminate your Astro subscription. The cancellation or termination process is easy, here I guide you how to cancel or terminate your Astro account. In general, you have two options, by calling them or doing up-front at Astro CSC. The latter is easy and pretty straight forward.
I am done with Astro. I terminated my Astro account while I still have another year of a contract with them. I paid some amount for the penalty but that was worth it. The reason is obvious, their service is $uck! For those who are still under the 2-years contract like me, this is how to cancel or terminate your Astro service.
Do not worry, there is nothing special about having Astro at your house. You just wasting your time and money for repeated TV shows and to watch advertisements. There are a lot of alternatives for Astro with a cheaper monthly bill. But before going to that, you must proceed with below step-by-step to terminate your Astro account.
How to cancel or terminate Astro service
You can use any one of two methods below to cancel or terminate your Astro service. I recommend you to use the second method.
Method 1: Cancel or terminate Astro service via phone call
Step 1: Call Astro service center at +603 9543 3838.
Step 2: Select your preferred language.
Step 3: Make your selection:
- Press 1 – Reconnection Request
- Press 2 – Bill & Payment
- Press 3 – Package, Product and Service
- Press 4 – Technical Assistance and Installation
- Press 5 – GST Related Enquiries
Step 4: You can select option 3 or 4.
Step 5: Talk to the customer service assistance:
- Tell him or her that you are going to terminate your Astro account
- There will be a standard procedure and questions, answer them sarcastically
- They will let you know that you will need to give the 30 days of notice periods for the termination and they will help to calculate the penalty
Step 6: Leave your contact number and they will call you back after a few days.
Method 2: Cancel or terminate Astro service up-front
Step 1: Go to your nearest Astro CSC branch (do not bring any of Astro items).
Step 2: Tell the assistance that you are going to terminate your Astro account.
Step 3: Take your number and wait for your turn.
Step 4: At the service counter, tell them the same thing (to terminate your account).
- They will set the 30 days of notice periods, calculate the penalty, print the receipt and give it to you
Step 5: Confirm the calculation to make sure everything is correct.
Step 6: Pay the amount at the Astro payment kiosk and give them the receipt for account closure
- Keep all the receipts you receive from them for future reference
Step 7: Smile, say thank you, get up and get out.
Note: At the last day of the notice period, Astro technician will come to your house to collect all Astro items including the satellite dish. If not, then you can keep all of them in your garbage bin.