Learn how to add 4G LTE only option on Huawei phone, the best part is you can do this without root. If you own any Huawei phone and wanted to have 4G LTE only option, this post is exactly for you. In this post, you will learn how to add 4G LTE only option in the Preferred network mode by using free and simple app known as Settings Database Editor.
Basically, all Android phone has an option called 4G LTE only mode in them, it is just the matter whether it is shown to the user or it is hidden by the developer. The options that usually available are:
- LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto — the phone will automatically select the best network in your area between 4G LTE, WCDMA, and GSM
- WCDMA/GSM auto — the phone will automatically select the best network in your area between WCDMA and GSM
- WCDMA only — the phone will be using WCDMA network only regardless it is available or not, if not, you will not have any signal
- GSM only — the phone will be using GSM network only, this is the most common network, no need to worry, you will have full signal
As you can see in the above available option that comes out of the box, there is no option for 4G LTE only mode. The reason for this is because not all carrier provides voice call over 4G LTE network and not all area are covered with 4G LTE network. Some of the carriers only let you call using 2G network, so it is not a downside, but it is a featured to let you stay connected to the carrier network.
However, if you wanted to have an additional option — 4G LTE only mode on your newly purchased phone without the need to crack your head thinking whether wanted to root your phone to get this option, here is how to do it. Continue reading the complete step by step tutorial below.
How to add 4G LTE only option on Huawei phone without root
- On your Android phone, open Play Store app.
- Tap on the search box and type Settings Database Editor and tap Search.
- Tap Install button to install the app on your phone.
- Once the installation is done, tap on the app to open it.
- Once the app is opened, you’ll see three options:
- Tap on System.
- Scroll down until you find “hw_networkmode_preference”. To the right, you will see something like this — “9,3,2,1”. Tap on this line.
- Add a comma “,” followed by eleven “11” and tap on Save changes. Your new setting will look like this:
- Before changes: “9,3,2,1”
- After changes: “9,3,2,1,11”
- See that comma “,” and eleven “11” after the changes.
- Make sure there is no space ” ” when adding the comma and eleven.
- Close Settings Database Editor app and restart your phone.
- Once your phone restart, go to Setting –> More –> Mobile Network –> Preferred network mode, you will see LTE only option.
Done, now you can select 4G LTE only option to stay on 4G LTE network only.
Note: If your phone has dual sims, you are free to choose whether to have this option on either one of the sim or both.