I realize that some of you may have trouble with TM Streamyx wireless connection, so I decided to compile and summarize all the connection issues and fixes in this post. If you are a regular reader on this blog, you may stumble many posts regarding TM Streamyx, but for those new readers, hopefully, this post will help to make your troubleshooting easy.
Before you start, make sure you have an active TM Streamyx account, make sure the LED light for Wifi, Internet, and DSL at the modem is ON. If any of them is OFF, then there is a high chance you have a cable connection problem or your modem is faulty.
TM Streamyx wireless connection issues and fixes
The most basic thing to do is to restart the TM Streamyx modem. By doing this, you can isolate the possibility of overloaded processes in the modem that impacts performance degradation. Here is the proper way to full reboot TM Streamyx modem:
- Turn OFF your modem, unplug the cable and wait for 15 seconds.
- Plug in the cable, turn ON your modem and wait for 2 minutes.
Issue: I forgot my wireless network password.
- If you are currently connected to the wireless network, read this post.
- If you are not connected to any wireless network, read this post.
- You also can log in to your modem and check the password, read this post, follow the step to log in to your modem and view the password under “Wireless” –> “WPA/WAPI passphrase”.
Issue: I forgot my wireless modem password.
- There is no choice, you need to reset the modem by following steps provided in this post.
Issue: I can’t connect more than one device to my wireless network.
- Connect the computer to your modem using the LAN cable, log in to the modem by following this post, look under “Wireless” or “Advance Setting” for setting “Max Clients”, make sure it is not set to “1”.
Issue: LAN light/led is OFF.
- Make sure the RJ45 cable network is properly fitted into the port at the back of the modem and connected to the PC. Ensure the cable is not faulty.
Issue: Internet light/led is OFF.
- If your internet light is turned off, it means that the connection between the modem and the internet is not established. Select which mode you are using to connect to the internet:
- Router Mode: You connect to the internet automatically when you turn ON the modem.
- Router mode dial up is where you dial Streamyx by entering your Streamyx login ID and password in your modem. The internet light might be turned off because you have entered the incorrect Streamyx login ID and password in your modem.
- Bridge Mode: You manually dial to the internet using PC.
- Bridge mode dial up is where you dial Streamyx by entering your Streamyx login ID and password in your PC. The internet light might be turned off because you have entered the incorrect Streamyx login ID and password in your PC.
Issue: Internet light/led is red after reset modem.
- Common issue after you reset the modem is the internet light/led turning to red. This is because the modem was unable to connect to the internet using your Streamyx ID.
- If this issue arises after you reset the modem, you can put back your Streamyx ID and password in the WAN Service setting in your modem configuration page, read this post for the detail.
Issue: DSL light/led is blinking.
- This is the most common issue. Have you restart the modem as per mention above?
- If yes and the problem still persists. Try to unplug and plug back the telephone cable, make sure the cable is connected properly to the modem.
- Or try using another RJ11 telephone cable or bypass the splitter.
Issue: People is using my wireless network without my permission.
- Change your wireless network name and password by following this post and read this post to hide your wireless network name from being seen by anyone.
- You can read this post on how to secure your TM Streamyx network with MAC filter.
Issue: Is there any tips to improve my Streamyx connection.
- Fortunately, there are few options you can try to improve your Streamyx broadband speed. Read the full article here.
Issue: No internet after the power surge and blackout
- I’d experience this once, you might look my post regarding this issue here.
If you think that you might make the thing worse, do not proceed, please call TM for further assistance:
- If you are using a TM telephone line, please call 100
- If you are calling from a mobile device, please call 1 300 888 123