Didn’t realize Google Maps is collecting your location data? Google Maps has been doing this for a long time without your consent. They are doing this to improve their service like traffic information, route information including alternative route and a lot more.
Fortunately, there is a way to disable and stop Google Maps from collecting your location data. It is buried deep in the terms and privacy settings and here I show you how to do it.
How to stop Google Maps collecting location data on Android
- On your Android phone, open Google Maps app.
- Select the three vertical line located on the left of the Search box.
- In the navigation drawer, select Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and select About, terms & privacy.
- Select Location data collection.
- Toggle the switch to Off.
Done, you have successfully stopped Google Maps from further collecting your location data.
Personally, I dislike my location data being collected by Google Maps. So, how do you think of this option? Appreciate if you’d leave me your opinion in the comment below.