This is a step by step guide on how to install any video add-on for Kodi 18 Leia. By default, Kodi 18 disable the option to install from unknown source. So, before you can proceed with the installation, you must enable this option. If you’d already done this step, you can continue with the Add file source step.
Enable unknown source for Kodi 18
Important! Unkown source option need to be enabled first. Complete the following steps to enable this option.
- Open Kodi 18 app.
- At HOME Screen, select Settings (gear icon) located at the top left of the screen.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Expert mode (gear icon) located at the lower left of the screen.
- Select Add-ons.
- Click the Unknown sources to toggle between On and Off.
- A warning box will appear, click Yes to continue.
Add file source for Kodi 18
In the following steps, you’ll add the file source URL and give it a name. The file source can be the video add-on or the repository URL. Either one is OK with the following steps.
- Open Kodi 18 app.
- At HOME screen, select Settings (gear icon) located at the top left of the screen.
- Select File manager.
- Select Add source.
- In Add file source box, select <None>.
- In Enter the paths or browse for the media locations. box, enter the full file source URL (include http://) and click OK.
- Select Enter a name for this media source. enter any name you preferred and click OK.
Install from zip file for Kodi 18
In the following steps, you’ll install the zip file from the file source you’ve added in the above steps. The zip file can be the video add-on or repository file. Either one is OK to proceed with the following steps.
- Go back to HOME screen.
- Select Add-ons from the menu on the left.
- Select Package installer (box icon) located at the top left of the screen.
- Select Install from zip file.
- In Install from zip file box, select the name of the media source in step 7 above.
- Browse to the location, select the zip file and click OK.
- Wait for the Add-on enabled notification.
The add-on from the zip file is successfully installed.
Note: If the zip file is a repository file, please continue with additional steps below to install the add-on from the repository.
Install from repository for Kodi 18
The following steps are necessary if the zip file you’d just installed is a repository file. In the following steps you’ll select the video add-on and install it on your Kodi.
- Select Install from repository.
- Select the repository you’d just installed.
- Select Video add-ons.
- Find and select the video add-on you’d like to install and click Install.
- Wait for Add-on installed notification.
Done. The add-on from the repository is successfully installed. You can find the installed video add-on on Video add-ons page and start using it.