This is a step by step guide to install any video add-on for Kodi 16 Jarvis. Installing video add-on on Kodi 16 is a straightforward process, no hidden settings need to be enabled. Follow the step by step guide below and you will successfully install any video add-on.
Add file source for Kodi 16
First, you’ll add the file source URL and give it a name. The file source can be the video add-on or repository URL. Either one is OK with the following steps.
- Open Kodi 16 app.
- At HOME screen, highlight SYSTEM.
- Select File manager.
- Select Add source.
- In Add File source box, select <None>.
- In Enter the paths or browse for the media locations. box, enter the full file source URL (include http://) and click OK.
- Select Enter a name for this media source. enter any name you preferred and click OK.
Install from zip file for Kodi 16
In the following steps, you’ll install the zip file from the file source you’ve added in the above steps. The zip file can be the video add-on or repository file. Either one is OK to proceed with the following steps.
- Go back to HOME screen.
- Highlight SYSTEM, select Settings.
- Select Add-ons from menu on the left.
- Select Install from zip file.
- In Install from zip file box, select the name of the media source in step 7 above.
- Browse to the location, select the zip file and click OK.
- Wait for the Add-on enabled notification.
The add-on from the zip file is successfully installed.
Note: If the zip file is a repository file, please continue with additional steps below to install the add-on from the repository.
Install from repository for Kodi 16
The following steps are necessary if the zip file you’d just added above is a repository file. In the following steps you’ll select the video add-on and install it on your Kodi.
- Select Install from repository.
- Select the repository you’d just installed.
- Select Video add-ons.
- Find and select the video add-on you’d like to install and click Install.
- Wait for Add-on installed notification.
Done. The add-on from the repository is successfully installed. You can find the installed video add-on on Video add-ons page and start using it.