This is a compete MAC Filter setup guide for Streamyx user. You’ll need to configure the router MAC Restrict mode and then you can filter any MAC address by allowing or denying their access to your Wifi network.
Generally, MAC (Media Access Control) address consist of 6 groups of hexadecimal digits separated either by colons (:) or hyphens (-). It is a unique identifier assigned to every device by the manufacturer for identification. In other words, each device will have a different MAC address.
With this unique identification, you can configure your TM Streamyx router and decide which MAC address to have the permission to establish the connection to the network and which are don’t.
Note: I’m using the default modem provided by TM which is Innacomm W3400V6 modem.
Connect your computer to the router wired or wireless.
Make sure you have the modem login information. By default:
- Username/ID: tmadmin
- Password: Adm@XXXX (XXXX is the last 4 digit of the modem MAC address)
Setup Streamyx MAC Filter
Step by step to setup MAC Filter for your Streamyx as follows.
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to
- Enter your login detail and click Login.
- Select Wireless menu on the left.
- Select MAC Filter sub-menu.
- Select your SSID.
- In MAC Restrict Mode, select your option:
- Disabled – disable the MAC restrict mode
- Allow – give permission to only MAC addresses listed in the table to connect to your wireless network
- Deny – block only MAC addresses in the table from connected to your wireless network
- Click on Add button to add or Remove button to remove any MAC address from the list if any.
- Click Save button.
Done. You’ve successfully configured MAC Filter for your Streamyx.
The MAC address filter will work as you configure whether to allow — give them permission to connect to your wireless network or to deny — block them from being connected.
Let me know if you need any help.