Learn how to save or download YouTube video on iPhone without the need of Jailbreak. You can save or download any YouTube video with these two popular methods to your iPhone. These methods will be using Files and Documents 5 app.
Basically, if you are looking for YouTube video downloader in the App Store, there will be none. This is because Apple has blocked all apps that claim to be able to provide such a feature. However, there are workarounds to download YouTube video to your iPhone by using the aforementioned apps.
Disclaimer: This post is for educational purpose only. I do not encourage and will not be held responsible should you download any copyright material from YouTube. Please support the video owner, stream from the source.
How to save or download YouTube video on iPhone with Files app
- Download and install Files app or click this link.
- Open YouTube app and search for a video you want to download. Copy the video link.
- Open Files app and navigate to
https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/or click here.
- Paste the YouTube video link from Step 2 into the Paste link here box by long pressing the box and select Paste.
- In the Format box below the first box, click on the drop-down arrow to select the format. There are two options — Audio and Video formats. In this case, you will select any formats you preferred under Video Formats.
- Once you select the format, click Start to continue. You will see “Your video is being processed!” dialog box, please wait.
- Once the conversion completed, it will display Download and Convert again options. Click and hold the Download button and select Download Linked File As… option to download the video.
- On the next screen, click Save to continue downloading. Then you will see the download in progress.
- Once the download complete, click on Files to open the download folder. Click on the file to play the video.
How to save or download YouTube video on iPhone with Documents 5 app
- Download and install Documents 5 or click this link.
- Once done, open the app. Click on the Browser icon located at the bottom right of the screen.
- In the browser, navigate to YouTube website by typing
youtube.comin the address bar.
- Go to the video you wanted to download.
- Click on the video link in the address bar and type
ssjust before the
youtube.com/...and click Go. For example:
- From: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXX
- Change to: https://m.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=XXXXXX
- The browser will direct you to
savefrom.netwebsite. You will find the download button with the drop-down arrow button. Click on the drop-down arrow to select the video quality.
- Click on the video quality and it will take you to the next page. You can rename the file or proceed to download. Click Done to continue downloading the file.
- In the pop-up message, click Allow and the download will start. You can click on the Download icon to see the download progress.
- Once download completed, click on the video and you will be directed to the Downloads folder.
- Hold the video and drag to Drag here on the top left of the screen and place the video into Photos folder.
- In the pop-up message, click Ok to continue. Close Documents 5 app.
- Open Photos and go to Video folder to find the video.
Done! Repeat the steps above to download any YouTube video into your iPhone. Let me know which method you prefer and how’s the experience.