Learn how to play any YouTube videos in the background and while your Android device screen is off. This method shows you how you can play YouTube videos and turn off your Android device screen as you listen to the audio.
Remember, there were times when you only listening to the audio and not watching the video on YouTube? They can be many reasons, maybe at that time you are driving and just listening to music or audio from their official YouTube channel.
So, if you plan to listen to the audio only and not watching the video while on YouTube, do you know you can turn off your Android device screen and let the video running in the background? The answer is yes and this is how you can do it.
How to play YouTube video while the screen is off on Android
To do this, you need to download Firefox browser for Android or you can use the default web browser, Chrome. Open Google Play store app on your device and search for Firefox or click this link to go to Firefox app. Click Install button to download and install Firefox on your Android device.
- Open Firefox or Chrome and open YouTube website.
- If the device asks to open with YouTube app, press Cancel to continue open YouTube with the browser.
- Go to the browser menu and choose Request desktop site.
- Search for a video you want to listen to, click Play.
- When the video starts playing, press the Power button to turn off the screen. Don’t worry, the video will continue to play while the screen is off. That’s it, now you can listen to the audio while the screen is off.
Also, you can even create a playlist on YouTube and listen to them while the screen is off. On YouTube website, log-in to your account and open your Playlist then follow exactly the same steps as I mentioned above and you will be able to listen to the audio in the series.