Learn how to play YouTube videos while screen is Off on Android. This method shows you how you can play YouTube videos and turn off your Android device screen as you listen to the audio.
Remember, there were times when you only listening to the audio and not watching the video on YouTube? They can be many reasons, maybe you are driving and just want to listen to music on YouTube.
So, if you do want to listen to music or the audio only, here’s how to do it. You can use either Google Chrome or Firefox browser.
Play YouTube video while screen is Off on Android
The following steps are using Google Crome browser.
- Open Chrome app.
- G to YouTube website (make sure to open YouTube within Chrome browser, not YouTube app).
- If the device asks to open with YouTube app, tap Cancel.
- Tap on the three dots to open and select Request desktop site.
- Search for a video you want to listen to
- Tap Play to start playing the video.
- When the video starts playing, press the Power button to turn off the screen.
- The YouTube video will continue playing while the screen is Off while you’re doing other stuff off your phone.
That’s it, now you can listen to the audio while the screen is Off.
You can also create a YouTube playlist and listen to them while the screen is off:
- Go to YouTube website.
- Log in to your account.
- Open your Playlist
- Follow steps as above.
Let me know in the comment if you need any help.