Here is the proper way to cancel or terminate your unifi account. First of all, you need to understand that once you subscribe to unifi, there will be a contract period of 24 months. If you cancel your account within this period, you’ll be imposed with a penalty.
The detail of penalty charge are per follow:
- Any termination of unifi Home within the contract period:
- unifi Basic plan (30Mbps – RM79) & unifi Lite plan (100Mbps – RM129) a penalty of remaining months will be imposed
- Other old packages a penalty fee of RM500 will be imposed
- The early termination penalty for unifi TV pack (for old packages) before the minimum period of 12 months will be based on the on the remaining monthly subscription fee of the unifi TV pack you subscribed:
- Aneka+/Varnam+/Ruby+: RM30/month
- Ultimate: RM60/month
You’ll be required to settle any outstanding bill prior to the termination request in the step 5 below.
How to cancel or terminate unifi account
If you plan to cancel or terminate your unifi account, you’ll need to give a 30 days of notice period to TM. The purpose of this is to allow TM billing system to generate the pre-final bill for your account.
- Request to terminate your unifi account through any of TM’s digital channel:
- TM will provide you a pre-final bill indicating your outstanding balance.
- At Day 31 to 35, go to any nearest TMpoint outlet to complete the termination request.
- Important! If you go to the TMpoint after Day 35 in step 3 above, your earlier 30 days termination notice may no longer valid. Probably you’ll need to give another 30 days of notice period to TM
- Once the termination request being processed, you’ll be issued a final bill that sums up all your usage within the final 30 days.
- as well as the penalty amount for termination within contract period
- or for failure to return the equipment (if applicable)
- any deposit payment will also be pro-rated in the final bill
- Pay your outstanding balance including any penalty as stated in the final bill.
- Upon payment, the termination is considered completed.
- Keep the proof of payment for future reference.
Note: If you are unable to personally walk-in to TMpoint outlet, you may assign a representative to do so, accompanied with an authorisation letter and a copy of your IC to terminate the account on your behalf.
With reference to unifi service termination.