Have you ever been in this situation where while doing your task and suddenly your laptop froze and become unresponsive? You tried clicking anywhere to close the program and nothing happen. Continue reading to find out how to fix this issue and continue doing your work.
This is truly frustrating! This happen to me a few times while doing my work — no, this was not happening on my Asus laptop. I believe I’m not alone and this is the reason I’m sharing this trick with you.
Usually, when this happens, you need to open the Task Manager but the following trick doesn’t work. I got this response earlier:
I tried pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del button at the same time and click Task Manager but didn’t work!Frustrated user
See also how to find Windows 10 product key.
How to fix laptop frozen or unresponsive
So, here’s another way to open the Task Manager effectively and close any program that causes your laptop to become unresponsive:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key on your keyboard at the same time to open Task Manager.
- If it opens in the small popup window, click More details at the bottom left of the window.
- Check the CPU, Memory, or Disk Usage:
- Click on the CPU to sort by the most CPU usage
- Click on the Memory or Disk to do the same
- When you see which program uses the most resources, select that program and click End task button located at the bottom right corner.
This should solve the problem!
Note: If you’re not sure what the program or process is, please do some research on the internet before terminating that program or process.
Important: If you close an unsaved file, you will lose some of the latest work. You’re lucky if your computer manage to save the work just before it became unresponsive.
That’s it. If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know in the comment below.